[Digital] Corrugated Tunnel - Remedy For My Soul (feat. Antoinette) - (PRCS136)

H

hhvmk

Mitglied
Reaktionen
Digital - MP3, FLAC, etc.

Corrugated Tunnel

Remedy For My Soul (feat. Antoinette)

PRCS136

Released: 2010-07-19

Remedy For My Soul is out NOW, and available from: Beatport, JunoDownload, iTunes, AmazonMP3, 7digital, HMV Digital, Play.com Digital, eMusic, WhatPeoplePlay, Zero Inch, TrackItDown, **********, DJShop.ch, DJDownload, Clone Digital, and more.

Edwin James has been active on the Dublin electronic scene since 2005, regularly playing live sets under his Corrugated Tunnel moniker in the city's most prestigious venues, as well as regular sets abroad. He has released singles on Invisible Agent, Ork, JM, seedyR, Dance Electric, Night Vision, Urban Torque, Dirty Works and Plastica. He has remixed DK7, Filterwolf, David Duriez, Def Disko and many more.

In those five years he also released two critically-acclaimed albums on seedyR: We Are Electronix (2006) and I Am Corrugated (2008). His third album Minor Obsessions, with guest appearances from Chelonis R Jones, DMIA and Martin McCann, will be released on Process Recordings in October 2010.

First single from this album is Remedy For My Soul. Initially an instrumental house track, Edwin re-worked it by adding vocals from Antoinette Dunleavy, and turned it into a more mainstream-oriented synth-pop monster. Dublin's Reasonably Shorts delivered a beautiful video featuring Antoinette and Edwin, filmed in Dublin on a warm spring evening.

The remixes take us to all corners of the club scene. The main remix for the track comes from Rennie Foster, one of most internationally recognized electronic DJ/producers living in Japan. His music is heavily supported by the world's top DJs such as Derrick May, Laurent Garnier and Danny Tenaglia. He has released numerous singles and remixes for both house and techno labels such as Rebirth, F-Communications, Synewave, Subject Detroit and Monoid and runs two labels of his own, the prolific and current Dirty Works and the reputable Futago Traxx.

Two further remixes comes from Dublin: Shane Robinson, who debuted on the Composure label last year and is now a rapidly rising star on the remix circuit, and Jay Riordan, a prolific member of the Dublin Xpress crew.

The final remix is Edwin's own Club Mix, whilst the package is completed by the instrumental version of the original.

You can preview these tracks on the Process website.

DJ Feedback:
"21st Century Synth Pop, love it :)" - Mitch Davis (Electric Sheep)
"Great track! Reminds me of The Gossip" - DJ Tronic (DanceFloor Mayhem / KBOO)
"Cool and haunting" - Steve Parry
"Great track, nice for a backroom set" - Tom Findlay (Groove Armada)
"I love the italo-disco connections!" - Chelonis R Jones
"Nice project man! Giorgio Moroder Forever! " - Slok
"Good works, love Edwin James dub mix." - DJ Earthian (Animaltek)
"Great pop song - Like the instrumental - Cool remixes" - Orde Meikle (Slam)
"Nice Work guys! Support" - Miss Nine
"Great house tune!" - Dr. Zoldberg (electrosound.tv)
"Digging the Robison rmx" - Jnr J
"Feeling Edwin James club mix !!! " - Marco Smith
"I like Shane Robinson and Edwin James Remixes, a really cool house record. " - Grant Paterson (Edinburgh Evening News)
"CT Drops some good synth pop action.. Deep chuggy and quality.. Solid.." - Arveene Juthan
"Rennie Foster's Dirty Works Mix, huge! Dark, eerie, creepy, precise. Exactly how I like it!" - Alexander Theory (Kiss FM Melbourne)
"Excellent pop track and a wicked rmx!" - DJ Morpheus (Radio Campus Brussels)
"Good song, catchy vocal and music. It's a hit!" - Shane Johnson (Fish Go Deep)
"Rennie Foster's remix is kicking! Wicked track." - Rob Warner (Our House Magazine)
"Loving this, in for show on Friday, All mixes will receive support." - Christian Homan (RTÉ Pulse Radio)
"Original and Rennie Foster mixes for me. Heavy reminesence of The Gossip, in a good way :)" - Mr. A
"Very good 80's vibes on it! My fav trak is Edwin J rmx and I like too Rennie Foster's dirty works." - JL Salvatella (Dog Music)
"Likin Shane Robinson remix and of course the orig is well catchy" - Marq Walsh
"Nice vocals. Great stuff" - Alkan (Android Muziq)
"Massive!! Rennies Foster remix rocks!!" - StereoK
"Love this track! All mixes are great and what a haunting vocal. Full support" - Dave Cronin (RTE Pulse Radio)
"Great song - Let's hope its a hit" - Greg Dowling (Fish Go Deep)
"Beautiful - I await Corrugated Tunnel's album with massive anticipation. His remixes have been brilliant this year" - Salvador Guzman (4Clubbers.net)
"The original is the one for me.. amazing track!" - Colin John
"Great and very contagious rhythm!!" - Kiko Martínez
"A Noice! package..... Love the vocal work... not overdone... and classically portrayed..." - Harry Avers (Noice! / Proton Radio)
"Great track and phenomenal set of remixes with their own unique styles. Definitely being played out." - CTO
"Really feeling the Rennie Foster mix, gives great life to the vox" - Darren Rice (Beat 102-103FM - Ireland)
"It's a toss up between the original and the rennie forster mix... thanks!" - Mateo Murphy
"Fabulous track and some great remixes make this a very diverse set - perfect for my underground show. Will play and in contention for record of the week." - Ben Sonley (fnoob.com)
"I really like the Edwin James club mix. Will play as my In Search Of Sunrise track on RTE Pulse show" - Stuart Millar (RTÉ Pulse Radio)
"Really like the Rennie Foster remix and the Shane Robinson remix." - DJ Tronic (DanceFloor Mayhem / KBOO)

Neue Themen

Zurück
Oben