GOGO Music :: Shana – Uyangichomela (incl. Ralf GUM Mixes)

Peavey

Peavey

Booker & Promoter
Reaktionen
GOGO032.jpg

Shana – Uyangichomela ::: GOGO 032

Ultra hot project from South Africa with mixes by Ralf GUM and DJ Christos Original.

Out now digital!

http://www.traxsource.com/index.php?act=show&fc=tpage&cr=titles&cv=27652

Vinyl upcoming 1st of December 2008.

GOGO Music is delighted to present 'Uyangichomela' by the South African group SHANA. Simply Hot And Naturally African (SHANA) are three guys who met while studying music in Durban and formed this magnificent band in 1997. A shared passion for music led to an instant understanding, even though they came from widely different backgrounds. The combination has proved to be an excellent one. Each musician brings his special talent to the group, which gives their music both depth and subtle flavours. The various experiences they bring to the equation create surprisingly well-developed harmonies and complex sound fusions. But most importantly, SHANA'S music is able cross all age groups as they're determined to win over fans of all kinds irrespective of age, creed or race. In addition to promoting and performing their own albums, SHANA do their own song writing and production. They've also co-produced albums for other artists including South African Music Award (SAMA) 2005 Dance Album Winner Lebo Mathosa.

Christos Katsaitis is a legendary deejay and one of the South Africa's most respected house producers. A veteran of over two decades, he has consistently broached colour lines to deliver his feel-good rhythms. As a deejay, Christos is associated with some of the most seminal nightspots of his country. He also works with Vinny da Vinci, with whom he released five excellent DJs At Work albums and in 1998 won the SAMA award for best dance album. He has been nominated 8 years in a row for the SAMA awards - cutting edge recordings that blissfully blend local motifs and solid international house action. Christos played a pivotal role in defining the sound of Kwaito and local Afro-house, as well, initially with collaborators like DJ Static P, Tim White of House Afrika fame and Quentin Foster. With honesty and open-mindedness that's blind to cultural barriers he earned himself a major role in the development of the South African dance music by producing countless albums including the new one of SHANA.

When GOGO Music's main man Ralf GUM heard SHANA for the first time on his South Africa tour in autumn 2008 he instantly was hooked. Seduced by their sweet soulful vocal melodies and spiritual lyrics, which are sung in their native language of Zulu, he had to get 'Uyangichomela' signed to GOGO Music for a worldwide single release. Of course he couldn't resist bringing his fantastic sensual remix talent to the track. Back home Ralf easily delivered 3 outstanding reworks within shortest time. His 'Classic Mix' abounds Soul and features passionate live-instrumentation played around the emotional chord progression of keyboarder and composer Michael 'Nivalito' Ehnes, while Ralf's detailed beats and percussion act a an unstoppable booster to the tune. The Ralf GUM 'Deep Mix' is a hypnotic explosion for mind and body and will cause ecstatic dance-floors. His 'Deep Dub' minimizes the vocal and uses the pulsing rhythm and chords of the 'Deep Mix' for a musical journey. Equipped with Ralf GUM's mixes SHANA are now ready to conquer the world with their first release on GOGO Music, after they already managed to get one of the most sought after groups in their homeland. And in so doing, they have created music that is authentic enough to avoid artifice, smart enough to grow with the people and trusting enough to appeal to the public.

This sophomore GOGO Music release includes next to Ralf GUM's interpretations as well SHANA's 'Original Version'. While SHANA liked Ralf GUM's timeless reworks that much that they instantly put them as bonus tracks on their freshly released album "Forever yours", which just has been released in South Africa on their own label. True talents from different continents building a perfect symbiosis - and: "True talent not only stands the test of time: it stands out in its own time, rising above competition to connect with an audience and establish its own original voice." We invite you to enjoy with us the pleasures of African modern sounds - be sure to check it out!

Tracklisting:

1 – Ralf GUM Classic Mix 7:44
2 – Ralf GUM Deep Mix 7:01
3 – DJ Christos 5 AM Mix 6.29
4 – Ralf GUM Deep Dub 7:01
5 – Ralf GUM Classic Instrumental 7:44
6 – Ralf GUM Classic Reprise 6:30

More info and feedback on http://www.gogo-music.net/releases/gogo-032.php

Enjoy Music…www.GOGO-Music.net

super, genau meine Richtung

PRESS REACTIONS AND REVIEWS:

souledup.com
Shana - Uyangichomela - GOGO 032

Ralf GUM's recent tour of South Africa saw him signing a track to GOGO from a three piece band called Shana. This track is different to the majority of music we've reviewed in souledUp, because it's sung in Zulu. BUT, this track has soulfulness flowing through it in abundance even though most people won't understand the actual lyrics. I love this track, it's a real catchy little number and here at SUHQ, I found myself going back to this to listen to it again and again! The promo I was sent came with six different mixes, but we will review the two that will get the most play; The Ralf GUM Classic mix and The Ralf GUM deep mix. The deep mix I could see someone like Danny Tenaglia dropping this during one of his infamous sets. It's a brilliantly constructed piece of house. The classic mix is more soulful if that's possible. I like both of these mixes as much as each other. by Gareth Morgan

housepage.net

The new GOGO Music release is "Uyangichomela" by South Africa's group Shana, remixed by label's boss Ralf GUM. Once again Ralf mixes together house and deep elements with African rhythms and vocals. And once again the result is outstanding. This is an unique piece of soulful house with an intense African flavour. The "The Ralf GUM Classic mix" is a beautiful uplifting track where the trademark GOGO soulful and deep elements perfectly fits with the original sound and the sweet vocal melodies sung in Zulu language. The Ralf's Deep Mixes and the "DJ Christos 5 Am mix" are deeper, darker and more minimal reworks. The package also includes the bright "Classic reprise" as wellas the "Classic Instrumental mix". by Franco Martinelli

jjazproject.com

This is another high quality release from Ralf GUM’s excellent label although I must confess I can’t even begin to pronounce the title. So far I’ve found it hard to look past the “Ralf GUM Classic Mix” which combines tribal-esque beats with rhodes and guitars to maximum effect. With a further two mixes, a reprise and a dub to choose from there isn’t exactly a lack of choice. by Dean Serafini

purehousemusic.net

The strings complementing the vocals beautifully and the overall package being one of high quality and touching parts of my soul that haven't been dusted off for a few years now, nice track! Very nice track! by Ollie Brooke

spiritofhouse.com

Shana are a south African group formed in 1997 who sing in their native language Zulu, presenting "Uyangichomela" to a worldwide audience through Ralf GUM's GOGO Music label. The original version courtesy of DJ Christos (Christos Katsaitis) is built around a sweet yet deep afro house beat, enriched with warm atmospheric chords that give the track a beautiful late night / early morning feel. Ralf GUM provides the remixes, with his 'Classic Mix' adding a funky live instrumentation including great horns to intensify the vibe while never letting down the afro-soul feel. His 'Deep Mix' is a hypnotic affair featuring lush chords over a relentlessly stormin', deep groove, with the 'Deep Dub' minimizing the vocals to let the chords do the talk. The 'Classic Reprise' is completing the package. by Michael Fossati

Some Shana - Uyangichomela - GOGO 032 - DJ feedback:

:: “Sick record my man!” Jamie Thinnes (Seasons Recordings, USA)

:: “Great release again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovin the "Ralf GUM Classic Mix" for the fresh energy on this mix! For the mid nite Dj Christos mix is perfect for his mimimal Deep touch. Full support from me of course!” Rocco (Rodamal, France)

:: “Great tune from my boys down south. The Ralf GUM Deep Dub & Christos 5am mix are the mixes that wont leave my bag at all. Cant wait to play it tonite.” Claude (Sheer Music, South Africa)

:: "Sick track, GOGO just keep getting better and better!" Myles Chalmers (Naked Soul, UK)

:: "Loving the Shana track and the favourite mix here for us is the Ralf GUM Deep Mix - Massive big deep chords you know will sounds hot on a big system." The Layabouts (UK)

:: "GOGO on point again...Deep Mix and 5AM mixes are in the wallet." DJ Dealer (Look At You Records, USA)

:: "Its great...i'm GO-GO-ing for the Ralf GUM classic mix!" Craig Woodrow (UK)

:: "I love Ralf GUM Deep Dub Mix. My kinda style...excellent." Alfred Azzetto (Italy)

:: "Nice one." Henri Kohn (Clubstar, Germany)

:: "I like so much this track with afro flavour by Shauna. Very interesting. The vocals make me fly in africa... in a safari tour without return :) Very musically the Ralf Gum's Classic Mix... with a little afro touch in the rhythm, funky guitar, happy trumpet... great! The Deep versions are more useful in big situations. Very refined sounds with the right energy for the dancefloor. I will play for shure :). The Dj Christos 5 AM Mix is perfect for the closing time... sooo deep... so melodic... touch my soul :) The Classic Instrumental and the Reprise Mix are very useful. You have to buy and play this records!" Alession Furia (Magma DJ web, Italy)

:: "Good stuff!" Dalminjo (Norwegia)

:: "The Ralf GUM Deep Mix is amazing, I love this mix, very good production. You have my support … that’s House!" DJ Matt (France)

:: "Solid package... favouring your deep mix the most." Richard Earnshaw (Duffnote, UK)

:: "This is really nice Ralf - thx! Well done!" Joe B (King Street, USA)

:: "Really like this - great to see you turning our straight up quality as always!" Dave Alcock (Mn2S, UK)

:: "Another good release mate as always." Andy Warburton (UK)

:: "I like your Deep Mix maestro. I play & chart." DJ Rork (Stalwart, France)

:: " Soulful deep music meets the Afro rhythms and jazzy atmospheres perfectly, another GOGO gem! Full support and review soon!" Franco Martinelli (Italy)

:: "The Classic Mix of this is so beautiful - I love it, it reminds me of why i got in to house music with elements of latin carnival and fiesta. Huge tune - thanks GOGO! Other mixes are good but i’m all about the original - big time." Huwston (Knowfoowl, Sydney Australia)

:: "Deep Mix for me. Super." C-Rock (Motorcitysoul, Germany)

:: "Ralf GUM Classic Mix & Deep Dub for me" CJ Mackintosh (UK)

:: "This is great! I will chart this." Charles Spencer (Loveslap, USA)

:: "Melody in this song is very light, positive and making me smile while listening, I just love the Reprise! Original mix and deep dub are in my wallet for sure! 10/10" Bogdan Taran (Capital FM, Latvian radio syndication/ SSradioUK.com)

:: "Once again: "VERRRY BIIIGGG". Lovin' all the mixes!" Panevino (Switzerland)

:: "Wicked package!!! Lovin' the Ralf GUM classic mix." Luis Radio (Italy)

:: "Your releases are always important for my radio shows and sessions. This is another great one. my fav mix is the Ralf GUM Classic Mix." Joan Ribas (Ibiza Global Radio, Spain)

:: "Bravo! Another High-Quality House release from GOGO!" Shawn Christopher (Physical Graffiti, USA)

:: “Loving every mix. My favourite is Ralf GUM Deep Mix. It's crazy. You've hit the mark with this one!“ Inaya Day

:: "Very fresh funky african latin style - love the classic + deep mixes! Very good!" Robert Graf (Housemusiconline.com)

:: "Thanks Ralf, respect to SHANA - Uyangichomela, i feel the spirit of the mother land in the song, you've got my full support." Robert Ownes (UK)

"Just a quick shout Ralf, wicked track! Well done sir." Tobias Linden (Orange Muse, Sweden)

:: "Rocks!" Cay Taylan (Austria)

:: “Liked the Classic Instrumental.“ Greg Fenton (UK)

:: “Nice release.” Ricardo Da Costa (Soulcandi, South Africa)

kann man nur ans Herz legen die Scheibe :thumbsup:

Neue Themen

Zurück
Oben