Out now - deadbots // "girl on fire" // tom deluxx * alec empire * t.raumschmiere

tHIS iS eLECTRO

tHIS iS eLECTRO

Aktives Mitglied
Reaktionen
Out now - deadbots // "girl on fire" // tom deluxx * alec empire * t.raumschmiere

DEADBOTS // "GIRL ON FIRE"

deadbots_cover_400x400.jpg

01. MY GUITAR // TOM DELUXX remix
02. GIRL ON FIRE // T.RAUMSCHMIERE mix
03. MY GUITAR // DEADBOTS original
04. MY GUITAR // BAXEN remix

05. GIRL ON FIRE // DEADBOTS original
06. MY GUITAR // HOAXX remix
07. MY GUITAR // SHARAM JEY remix
08. MY GUITAR // ALEC EMPIRE remix

What do you get when you lock an ambitious Irish lad (Paul Kelly) and a Canadian female vocalist (Nina Knezevic) into a room for too long? What do I know, but this time around out came a fantastic electro duo which goes by the name of Deadbots, lucky us. In case you have not heard of this fearsome twosome yet, this duet is tearing up the club scene at an alarming rate and is just about ready to release their jaw-breaking new 12inch “Girl On Fire” on the premium label Freakz Me Out, home of far out acts such as Fukkk Offf, Cyberpunkers, Wolfgang Flür (ex KRAFTWERK) and Tom Deluxx.

Deadbots trademark sound references from 80`s synth pop, rock, disco, hip hop and techno are once again fully displayed on the up-coming output, whose irresistible catchiness is skillfully built into this rave demon. Expect massive support by numerous imposing colleagues such as Digitalism, Hystereo, Arthur Baker, Hey Today…all fans of this grand doublet.

What we haven`t talked about yet is the impressive list of amazing remixers, which have given “Girl On Fire” their own unique flavor. Each version quite different from the next, because these producers have developed their own individual style throughout the last decade.

We are talking about former “Atari Teenage Riot” mastermind Alec Empire, the commander in charge of the German electro-punk scene which he clearly influenced like no other. Alec worked on over 100 records/remixes for acts like: "Björk", "Rammstein", "Mogwai", "Einstürzende Neubauten", "Nine Inch Nails", Dave Grohl of "Nirvana", "Foo Fighters" and many others. His rework of the Deadbots track might surprise you a tad bit but simply illustrates his profound knowledge of electronic music. “Girl on Fire” goes retro acid-techno, genius!

Another German digital institution must be T.Raumschmiere, also responsible for bad ass electro-punk and the superb label Shitkatapult. His adaptation is a bit more reflective and gives this club-banger a tunefully delightful twist. Chapeau!

The rest of the list is just as impressive, be it French producer Tom Deluxx, also in charge of Just A Band, the German veteran Sharam Jey, who has been touring the globe for half a century now, the British indie-electro newcomer Baxen and another rising star from the island Hoaxx. Put it all together and you got yourself quite a bargain mate.

You better believe it or the Irish/Canadian duo Deadbots might just set the “Girl on Fire” and we don`t want that to happen, do we?!

EXCLUSIVE OUT NOW ON
BEATPORT

Remixes by:

TOM DELUXX * ALEC EMPIRE * T.RAUMSCHMIERE * BAXEN * HOAXX * SHARAM JEY

FREAKZ ME OUT

Neue Themen

Zurück
Oben