First Anniversary "PACHA NYC" / + Interview mit Erick Morillo

Nicholas Vegas

Play to Win
Reaktionen
panycko0.jpg

PACHA NEW YORK 1st BIRTHDAY!

Last December Pacha reached another milestone in their phenomenal history, as they launched a new club in New York and introduced their own blend of glamorous clubbing and decadence to the city. Pacha is a beautifully designed, multilevel space with a visual mix of Ibizan and New York style that has added a new level of elegance to the Manhattan skyline. The birthday party will take place on Saturday 16th December with Erick Morillo on the decks all night long with special guests to be announced.

Pacha has hosted some amazing parties with some of the biggest DJ’s in the world with highlights being James Zabiela bringing his technical wizardry to the club in February, Erick Morillo’s birthday party in April with an impromptu performance by P.Diddy in the DJ Booth and in September Danny Tenaglia & Cal Cox playing together in NYC for the first time since the legendary night at Twilo in 2001.

Already one of the most famous nightclub brands in the world and attracting celebrities and beautiful party people from around the globe, Pacha have now realised their dream of opening a venue in New York with Pacha owners Hugo and Panchi Urgell joining forces with Superstar DJ and Subliminal supremo Erick Morillo.

Erick is one of the most in demand and instantly recognisable DJ’s in the world and is a self proclaimed workaholic who approaches everything he does with an unrivalled work hard/play hard mentality. He has been drawing unprecedented crowds at Pacha’s flagship club in Ibiza for 13 years and his Subliminal Sessions nights have gone from strength to strength, with a whole host of superstars wanting a piece of the action including P. Diddy, Tommy Lee and Naomi Campbell.

Erick’s relationship with Pacha has given him an understanding of what is important to the Pacha brand, which coupled with his knowledge of New York nightlife, made him the ideal choice to help spearhead the move. "2006 has been a fantastic first year for Pacha NYC.” Said Erick “I thought it would take over a year for Pacha to establish itself as the Number 1 club in New York, but in just 10 months I believe that Pacha now dominates the New York club scene. We've had some amazing nights that have seen the Upper West Side come to a stand still. Pacha NYC is home for me and I'm excited for it's future. With the right nurturing and support from people like myself and our fantastic team I hope that Pacha will be the place to visit for years to come".

Armed with the expertise of club veteran Eddie Dean and New York’s only Alpha Dynacord sound system imported from Germany, Pacha has proved it is in a class of it’s own. The venue itself is situated on the same site as the prestigious Sound Factory and was designed by Lionel Ohayon from ICrave Design Studios. Pacha New York captures the Balearic feeling of the original adapted to the New York dynamics with an array of rooms inviting names like the Blue Room, Wet Lounge, Mirror Lounge and Jacuzzi Lounge. There are series of separate glowing bars, dancing spaces, lounging atmospheres and architectural entities that tie the whole club together. “It’s been a very exciting year and the club keeps getting bigger and better.” comments Eddie Dean. “Pacha has also been listed as one of the top 10 clubs by Maxim Magazine and has been named one of the top night spots in the world by Forbes magazine, which is a great achievement as we have only been open for 8 months."

‘I am really pleased with what Eddie and the gang have done with Pacha New York in the first year’ Said Danny Whittle ‘not only have they established it as an international venue, but also has a New York locals favourite, as well as bringing some of the biggest global DJ’s they have also mixed in with this all of the very best of New Yorks own finest djs. I would say Pacha is now the hottest club in new York and this is all down to the Pacha New York team, very well done guys and I cant wait to visit again, I LUV NY!

After 36 years Pacha has come along way since Ricardo Urgell founded the club in the seaside town of Sitges. Pacha has since evolved into a global lifestyle brand that encompasses a hotel, restaurants, a record label, radio station, magazine, merchandising and more than 20 franchises worldwide from Barcelona to Buenos Aires and Majorca to Marrakech. ‘Pacha is a brand that has distinguished itself from other nightlife venues and has limitless possibilities’ Says Morillo. ‘They effortlessly put VIPs and celebrities in the same room as clubbers, which we have also achieved in New York.’

Pacha is boldy irreverent, unerringly glamorous and eternally chic - prepare to be seduced.

Pacha New York
618 W. 46th St.
New York
NY 10036
USA

morillozq3.jpg

ERICK MORILLO / PACHA NEW YORK INTERVIEW

Q: Pacha will soon be one year old, what have you got lined up for the birthday party?
EM: Well, I am doing a 14 hour set and am preparing some live acts as well. There will also be hosting by FHM

Q: Do you think you have succeeded in what you set out to achieve with the club?
EM: Yes in many ways…for a start there is the design of the club which captures the Balearic feeling of its original adapted to the New York dynamics with a series of separate glowing bars, dancing spaces, lounging atmospheres, and architectural entities that tie the whole club together and creating a myriad of sensory stimuli. It also has New York’s only Alpha Dynacord sound system imported from Germany. In short it’s a great club, with great sound, great people and a great vibe!

Q: The club has gone from strength to strength since opening, what do you think has been the secret of the clubs success?
EM: I think it has grown organically, as we took our time getting it right. DJ’s come and check it out and fall in love with the place.

Q: How does the club differ from other clubs in New York?
EM: I think the fact that we have such a great team is a big factor as we have every area properly covered, from the sound to the promotion to the DJ’s etc.

Q: What was the hardest part of getting the club up and running?
EM: The opening night was the hardest, as we didn’t know what to expect and it was trial and error for a while.

Q: What have been your highlights of the club in the past year?
EM: Definitely my birthday party with P.Diddy, as we had over 5,000 people in the club! It was great night and the queue was round the block. Other highlights have included James Zabeila and Danny Tenaglia & Cal Cox to name but a few.

Q: Tell us about the clubs resident DJ’s…
EM: The new club residents are all top secret till December when we will reveal all!

Q: You’ve obviously got a great team behind the scenes, tell us a bit about them…
EM: Well… we’ve got the big Boss Eddie Dean, Rob Fernandez who does the promotions and bookings and Jared who keeps it together!

Q: What has it been like working with Hugo and Panchi Urgell from Pacha Ibiza?
EM: Great…they are really forward thinking and they have a great amount of experience. Pacha is a brand that has distinguished itself from other nightlife venues and has limitless possibilities. They have a hotel, restaurants, a record label, radio station, magazine, merchandising and more than 20 franchises worldwide from Barcelona to Buenos Aires and Majorca to Marrakech.

Q: What plans do you have for Pacha New York next year?
EM: Well I can’t give everything away… but we’ve just hired Anne Marie Duchene from Cirque du Soleil as our new creative director, which we are really excited about.

Q: Will there be a Pacha New York compilation series?
EM: Yes!

Q: After Pete Tong’s link up with Christian Audigier of Von Dutch & Ed Hardy for his Pure Pacha T-shirts, will Pacha New York be doing any cool merchandise in the future?
EM: Yes again!

Q: How did you enjoy your season at Pacha Ibiza this year?
EM: It was the best one yet….we have gone from strength the strength and I look forward to 2007!

Q: What projects are you currently working on?

EM: I have a new single featuring P.Diddy called ‘My World’

Q: Where can we see you play in the coming months?
1st December - Times Supperclub, Montreal, Canada
2nd December - The Docks, Toronto, Canada (NocturnalMagazine.net 10 Year Anniversary)
7th December – Arena, Kiev, Ukraine
8th December - Mix Club, Paris, France
9th December – Ministry Of Sound, London, UK
16th December – Pacha New York 1st Birthday Party, USA

================================
cerezanyeg8.jpg

Das PACHA NY muss einer DER überclubs sein
die es in NYC gibt , auch wenn man jetzt nicht unbedingt
Pacha Fan der ersten Std. ist wie ich , als das ganze noch nichts weiter als eine kleine Bar in Gran Canaria war,
sollte man sich mal den virtuellen
3D Rundgang durch das PACHA NYC
durch die 5 Stockwerke zu gemüte führen , lohnt sich.

http://www.pachanyc.com/
about the club

Neue Themen

Zurück
Oben