rekordbuddy ist ab sofort open source und gratis

_ray

_ray

Power-User
Reaktionen
Ab sofort kann man ohne jegliche kosten Rekordbuddy für Mac und Win installieren. Der Quellcode wird offen gelegt und bei Bedarf kann man sich an dem Projekt beteiligen.

Offizielle Pressemeldung von Damien Sirkis:
he restrictive walled garden approach to library management benefits only the industry. It’s nothing more than a way to tie paying customers to their respective products, and offers no real feature advantage, nor does it encourage the innovation our industry badly needs.

I find this approach to be unacceptable, which is why I made Rekord Buddy.

This has been a passion project over many years. It was the first to market and enjoyed enough success that I could make it my full time gig.

But recently I’ve been struggling with something, and that’s how my beliefs conflict with my actions. By selling Record Buddy as a product and then as a service, I’m profiting from the poor practices of the DJ industry, albeit in a bid to provide a solution to this bad practice.

That ends today.

As of today, October 9th 2020, Rekord Buddy is a free app and will become open source software before the end of the year, free for anyone to use and modify as they wish. Without revenue, I’ll continue to support and develop it more as a labour of love, but user support will minimal and sporadic.

Rekord Buddy did what it set out to do. What happens next is up to you. Join me and let’s make it fulfill it’s motto and stay the one and only “By DJs, for DJs” app out there.

Scheint so, als hätte Damien aufgegeben.
Die Windows Version hat ewig gebraucht, Engine ist noch nicht supported und die rekordbox 6 Datenbank wird (im Gegensatz zu DJCU und rekordcloud) auch nicht angezapft.
Ziemlich viele Probleme, die sicher nicht zu mehr Nutzern geführt haben.
Auf jeden Fall ein großzügiger Move, die Software open source zu machen und sie nicht einfach einzustellen.

Auf der einen Seite freut es mich das es nun Open-Source ist, auf der anderen Seite frag ich mich nun endgültig warum ich vor zwei oder drei Jahren Geld für ne Software bezahlt habe, die zumindest bei mir nie richtig funktioniert hat und mit der ich letztlich nicht ein einziges Mal produktiv gearbeitet habe.

Hoffen wir mal das es als Open-Source Projekt brauchbar wird :)

Auf jeden Fall merkwürdig, dass man von der bezahlten Version zur open source Version mit einem extra Tool konvertieren muss.
Vielleicht wollte er nicht den gesamten Code veröffentlichen.

Neue Themen

Zurück
Oben